Having alcohol problem is something that you should never be ashamed of. We need to acknowledge the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people that are now rehabilitated and that have no problems in dealing with this addiction. The truth is that alcohol treatment is possible and that you can get the help that you need.
The problem is that not all the alcohol treatment programs are great. Some are actually pretty bad. It is important that you learn how to choose the one that will actually help you to kick the bad habit. With this in mind, even if we do not have a problem with alcohol, we should all know the characteristics of that great program. We never know when a friend will need our help.
What Should An Alcohol Treatment Program Include?
A great addiction treatment clinic will offer much more than physical and mental restraints that stop people from drinking in the future. There are many advertisements that will appear and the focus is normally put on the amenities offered by the clinic. In reality, other facts are much more important.
Whenever you consider alcohol treatment programs, make sure that you think about the following factors:
• Proper Licenses And Accreditations – you want to be 100% sure that the alcohol treatment programs are going to be state accredited. At the same time, licenses have to be in place. As an extra, be sure that you focus on the staff. You want to be sure that there are good addiction specialists and mental health professionals that are hired.
• Treatment Method Effectiveness – the treatment center has to show you some success rate statistics. The best statistics are always offered by an outside agency that is objective.
• Aftercare Services –this is a factor that many forget about but that is incredibly important. There is a need to have some sort of aftercare program that is well-run. If not, the program should at least have some referrals to support groups and recovery services that are very good and that would work with the alcohol treatment program the patient would go through.
Alcohol Treatment Program Types:
• Residential treatment – the patient will live at the facility while going through alcohol rehab treatment. This can take up to 3 months.
• Partial hospitalization treatment –when a stable living condition exists but partial hospitalization is necessary.
• IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) –major time commitment is needed but the program is not live-in.
• Counseling – this basically works better as a follow-up support.
• Sober living – a highly intensive program like the residential treatment.
• Brief intervention – a program that is only appropriate in the event that there is an individual that is at risk of developing alcoholism or alcohol abuse.
As you can see, have patience and always read everything that you can about the considered treatment option. You never actually know what is the best so do be sure that you will consider everything that is available and that you will compare options in order to gain exactly what is needed for the individual.